November 20, 2014

Thankful Thursday

In exactly a week from today will be Thanksgiving! I love this holiday (what else is new, I love all holidays, lol). I think it happens far too easily that people forget to stop and think about what they are thankful for. (I know it happens to me all the time, when I'm busy, stressed, or tired.) We have so much and we often forget that not everyone has what we have. We have plenty of food, shelter, schools for our children, opportunities, freedom, rights, etc. Of course not everyone has everything that they need, but that's why the people that do (like our family) need to stop and give thanks.

While I am thankful for so much, and could go on and on about them all, I just want to focus on the PEOPLE that I am thankful for. Because to me, these people are what I'm most thankful for. Without these people my life and my purpose would not be the same.

Family. Both Joey and I have lots of family between both of us, and we are very thankful for them. They offer friendship, love, their generosity, a bond, cousins, support...among other things. I'm lucky to have not only my own parents and siblings, but wonderful in-laws, and a slew of amazing nieces and nephews. We personally spend a lot of time with our family - this is how it has always been from the beginning of our relationship, and it's something that is also ingrained into our children. We also make it a point to Skype with my parents as often as we can since they are out of state.





Friends. I have the most wonderful circle of friends anyone can ask for. My friendships range all over the place. Some of my closest friends are friends from my past, who I've grown with, learned with, and had experiences with that have molded me. (You know who you are, G.) Some of my closest friends are friends that are also mothers like me, and know the daily struggle that is children, lol. You understand me in a way only another mom can. Some of my dearest friends are people I've met through school and/or work. That's a whole other experience that has helped form the person I am today, and it wouldn't have been the same without those friends. This includes friends I've made through the families that I have nannied! It is wonderful to make lasting relationships with not only people, but their whole family. (S and A! Love you guys.) Some of my friends, I have only recently made, but love getting to know - showing me that it is never too late to form wonderful relationships throughout ones life.





Joey. There are ups and downs in all relationships, but this is the one person that has always and will always be standing with me. He has been my best friend, my love, my husband, my partner, my support, and the father of my kids. There is no one I'd rather grow old with, make mistakes with, learn with, and love.



My girls. They have taught me all I know about love. I didn't know how much I had to give, or how far I would go for someone I loved. My life revolves around these girls, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Noelle taught me what a mother's love was, while Halle taught me how much love was in my heart. I never knew I could love not one, but TWO precious daughters so much, to the point where my heart aches because it is so full!



I'm deeply appreciative of my life. Everything about it. But I'm truly thankful that I've been blessed with these people. Without them, my life would not be compete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...