March 14, 2014

Come On Baby!! - 2 Weeks Or Less!?

Here we are at 38 weeks. I can't believe that I am here to be honest. (I thought I was going to go earlier!) Noelle was born 38 weeks and 2 days which was a Sunday. What's weird is that if Baby #2 comes this upcoming Sunday the 16th, that will also be 38 weeks and 2 days! I'm actually really hoping for this date, although it doesn't really matter. It just so happens to be the 1st anniversary of my Great Aunt Yen's death and we are planning on giving Baby #2's her name as the middle name (Yen - which means peace). It would be just a great coincidence if the baby landed on the date!

However, with that being said, I wouldn't object if baby came earlier! For whatever reasons, Joey and I really thought that baby was going to come earlier! With the first pregnancy I never really experienced painful Braxton Hicks contractions. They happened, but never hurt. This time I've been having strong, painful contractions on and off for weeks. A few times I thought I was in labor!

33 Weeks

I'm so glad that I journaled my first pregnancy because it's so fun to read back and compare it to this one. Reading back gives me a good idea of what I could be feeling before this baby pops out! (They say, every baby is different, just like every pregnancy, but I'm really hoping this baby comes early like her older sister!!)

Comparison Chart:
Pregnancy 1:
31 Weeks: Unbearable pain in pelvic area and pressure starts. Doesn't go away until Noelle is born.
35 Weeks: Dilated to 1cm, heartburn, Braxton Hicks each morning.
37 Weeks: Still dilated to a 1. 70% effaced. Legs and feet swollen. Midwife Colleen said I was probably going to go that upcoming weekend. (I did.)
38 Weeks, 2 days: Water broke, game on!

Pregnancy 2:
31-32 Weeks: Nothing to report.
33 Weeks: Starting to feel fatigued and heavy.
34 Weeks: Braxton Hicks are killing me, mostly at night, starting to come during day hours as well. 
36 Weeks: Underneath the ribs hurts the most, and some pelvic pressure. Dilated to a 1.
37 Weeks: Dilated to a 2. Contractions came to a halt. Heartburn starts.

There are some differences and some similarities. You would think from being dilated more this time around that I'd go early! Oh well. Counting on this weekend! :)

 37 Weeks. (Working at the cleaners, just like I did last time!)

Look at that baby!

Something I did differently these past few weeks that I never did with Noelle is that I tried to move my pregnancy along. With Noelle, I really didn't want her to come early because I had a final exam to take. I tried to take it easy and stay off my feet as much as possible. I also slept a ton. I worked a few hours the week before she came and that was the extent of my exertion. Alas, she came early (before that exam) anyways. 

This time I'm ready and bored. I've been off of work for almost 2 weeks and my mom's been here for a week and nothing is going on. Out of impatience I started looking up ways to naturally induce contractions to move things along. After I found out I was dilated to a 1, I started eating tons of pineapple, spicy foods, drinking raspberry leaf tea, walking more, etc. Now I'm currently dilated to a 2 (who knows if that stuff helped), and find out on Monday (if I don't go into labor by then) how far I'm dilated. I'm so ready for this baby. As I type this I'm thinking about picking up some more pineapple. 

38 Weeks - This is it!! Come on baby!!

Anyways, long story short, we have two more weeks till I hit my due date. It's possible to go two weeks LATER than your due date (god forbid), and there's a chance I can go early. We are wishing for the later!! Come on everyone, let's pool our energy together and get this baby out on Sunday!! She and her older sister can both be born 38 weeks and 2 days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...