February 28, 2014

MN Tot Spot: Midtown Global Market's Wee Wednesdays

Continuing with our massive streak of tot spot visits, we hit up Midtown Global Market's Wee Wednesday event this week. I had been looking forward to this for a long time but never ventured out because I find myself tending to stay in the suburbs more than going out to the city. However, one of my fears - parking, was no issue. They have a big ramp and with validation you get 2 hours free! The kids and I braved the (very, very) cold and made it there! 

Getting there early, we had to kill some time with snacks!

We got there nice and early because I had no idea what it was going to be like there. Online it says they offer a variety of activities for kids 5 and under. They offer educational programming, bands, dancing, toddler cooking classes, and even visits from animals! I was pretty excited, never being there before, I didn't know what to expect.

Noelle snacking it out before the show.

I was a little bit disappointed because on the day we went the only thing going on was a band/dance party. I felt a little let down because on their site they make it sound like a big event with tons of things going on around the market. That wasn't the case! Also they say on their website that it goes from 10:30-1pm. Well, we stayed for the whole show and that only lasted for one hour! After that, we took not one, but two laps around the market in search for more Wee Wednesday fun, but there wasn't any! It shouldn't be called Wee WednesDAY if it's a Wee Hour, in my opinion. 


That being said, the kids still had fun the hour that we were there. On the day we went the entertainment was a lady named DJ Kitty who put on a great kid's music show. She played a lot of the familiar songs, like Wheels on the Bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider, but with a funky twist.  There were TONS of kids there (far more than the picture above) and all the kids were dancing, jumping, and running around.

Noelle LOVED when DJ Kitty played "What does the fox say?" She was so giddy and excited!


I love spending my days with my princess.

Here the kids are scoping out the market...

Would we go again? Maybe. It's not exactly close to us (about a 30 minute drive), which is part of the problem. We would make it out there if the event that was being held was really cool (like a great puppet show, band, etc.) and we planned to have lunch there. I love the actual market itself. The food looks amazing, and there is so much variety. I'd maybe take Noelle again to see a band, then eat lunch there, but this isn't one of my top "Tot Spots." Kid friendly? Sure. But definitely not kid geared or oriented you would think. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...